The South End Children’s Café, thanks to the generosity and kindness of our community, has continued to serve food to children and families. Since we have been faced with the COVID – 19 pandemic, we have been serving meals to the children and families enrolled in the Children’s Café program as well as children and families throughout the city of Albany.
We are working to meet the needs of children and families, all while following the social distancing and safety guidelines set by our city, county, state and the CDC by:
- Delivering food each week to hundreds of children and their family members.
- Hosting an afternoon tutoring program with lunch and snack to children who are learning virtually.
- Hosting our after school program to small groups of children, with daily snack and dinner, exercise, enrichment, homework help and more.
- Hosting two outdoor cupboards available with food each day.
- Organizing Birthday Parades for the children who attend the Children’s Café, with cars decorated to celebrate the child’s special day and a fun car parade for the birthday child.
- Working to help families in need of other items beside food, for example offering birthday boxes for children celebrating birthdays, helping families acquire needed items to help with academic achievement or household items like beds or personal care items.
- Sharing resources offered by the excellent agencies and programs that are serving food and addressing other needs of our families during COVIDS-19.
- Sharing food with our neighbors by working to keep our cupboards filled and responding to the walk up needs of community members by offering food, resources and helping to address other needs.
- Coordinating virtual tutoring for the children.
- And, changing with the changing times to meet the needs of children and families.
For more information please contact Tracie at (518) 275-8890. Thank you!